To truly witness and understand the human impact of the haze crisis, the Coconuts TV team risked their lungs to travel to the city of Pekanbaru in Sumatra to see just how bad it was affecting the people living right by the burning forests that are covering the whole region in their toxic smoke.
Thousands of FPI members demonstrate at National Police HQ, ask that leader Rizieq not be investigatedby Coconuts Jakarta 23 January 2017They had to shut down part of Sudirman to accommodate the protesters.
- by Reuters 23 January 2017Indonesian authorities have detained 17 nationals returning from Syria, including children, suspected of being involved in radical activity, officials told Reuters on Sunday.
- That's one lawsuit against Ahok down...
- Hmm, wonder which ormas they're talking about?
- by Reuters 20 January 2017Donald Trump's Indonesian business partner dismissed concerns by ethics officials that the U.S. president-elect's companies' overseas business deals might be vulnerable to conflicts of interest in an interview.
- Sylviana Murni, candidate for vice governor and running mate of Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono in the upcoming election, has been hit with two corruption allegations, one of which she is scheduled to face police questioning for today.
- Funny money
- Sticks and stones may break one’s bones, but words can cause a lot of pain too, as one very unlucky man in Surabaya recently found out.
- The crowd loudly chanted "Bubarkan FPI!"