Anyone visiting West Sumatra, Indonesia, would be amazed – not so much by the beauty of its lakes and mountains, but by the prominent role women play in almost all spheres of life in the Minangkabau community. From the household to the marketplace, Minangkabau women hold pride of place.
- by Coconuts Jakarta 20 January 2017What are you doing this weekend?
Professor argues making homosexuality legal will lead to end of human births at Constitutional Court hearingby Coconuts Jakarta 12 January 2017Today was the 17th hearing in a petition to Indonesia’s Constitutional Court, submitted by representatives of Islamic conservative groups including...
- by Coconuts Jakarta 12 January 2017The Guardian placed it on their list of the top 10 museum openings of 2017 while CNN named it one of the year’s most anticipated openings.
- by Coconuts Jakarta 11 January 2017So gloriously over the top.
Rock legend Bryan Adams is coming to Jakarta on Jan 16 and we're giving away free tickets to his concertby Coconuts Jakarta 02 January 2017One of the best-selling artists of all time is coming to Jakarta for a show at the Ritz-Carlton Pacific Place.
- by Coconuts Jakarta 23 December 2016Celebrate the death of 2016 in style!
- by Coconuts Jakarta 19 December 2016Congrats Natasha!
5 reasons that Bangkok's Transmission will rock your senses like no other electronic dance music festivalby Coconuts Jakarta 19 December 2016[Coconuts Jakarta x Create Intelligence] Transmission, the visually stunning electronic music festival, is coming to one city in Asia - Bangkok. Here's why you need to travel to experience it.